Tourism and Sports
Modern information technologies - in particular, satellite imagery - can be used successfully in the process of organising and conducting tourism and sports activities related to orienteering.
The use of geo-data and satellite imagery for sports and tourist needs is an important opportunity to provide not only online, but offline data access from mobile devices.
SCANEX offers the following range of services for tourism and recreational sports:
- make three-dimensional maps and terrain models for ski slopes and trails, sports complexes, recreation facilities and sites, as well as mountain and ecological trails;
- process and provide satellite imagery data in formats suitable for use on mobile devices in both online and offline modes;
- process and render medium spatial resolution satellite imagery in the area of interest for the needs of tourism, eco-tourism and local history in easy-to-use free open data formats;
- provide the GIS software for major mass sporting events;
- create tourist paper and electronic maps showing the actual satellite imagery, data on territory passability, by providing information on area hypsometry and data on touristic, historical and cultural heritage destinations;
- create geoportals for travel companies on the basis of ScanEx Web GeoMixer, reflecting the location of tour operator destinations as well as their registration in accordance with the customer's design.