Preserving Flora and Fauna
SCANEX implements environmental projects aimed at studying and preserving the unique ecosystem of Russia. At the heart of these projects is the use of satellite technology and proprietary geoportal solutions. The multilevel geoinformation approach allows the synthesis of new information on a monitoring subject and its prompt provision to all stakeholders.
The use of SCANEX technologies for environmental monitoring provides:
- detection and monitoring of the dynamics of accumulated environmentally damaged objects, assessment of the disposal of manufacturing and consumption waste and associated infrastructure facilities; control of measures to eliminate accumulated environmental damage and other objects;
- navigation control in regions with a unique ecosystem, including within the boundaries of protected marine areas (PMA), prompt SMS notification to security personnel of protected areas on illegal crossing of PMA borders;
- monitoring of compliance with fishery regulations, including the identification of violations of operating fixed nets;
- study and protection of marine mammals in the Arctic region, where there is an active development of oil and gas resources;
- thematic analysis of historical and current satellite images to assess the changes and identify the sources of negative impact on the territory.
SCANEX customers: WWF Russia, Komandorsky State Nature Biosphere Reserve, Shantarskiye Ostrova National Park, the Council on Marine Mammals, and Green Peace Russia.